The Commission on Justice & Peace and Integrity of Creation has no Vision of its own but takes the Diocesan Vision as its Vision too.
“To work for peace based on Justice”
Director: Rev. Fr. Ernie Pesimo - present
The name of the Commission at the start of its creation was “Commission on Justice & Peace. This was created during the early stage of the journey of the Diocese by the Most Rev. Leo Drona, SDB, D.D., the second Bishop of the Diocese of San Jose, Nueva Ecija. Bishop Drona has appointed Rev. Fr. Tito Paez as the first Director of the Commission. Fr. Paez has served then the Commission until 2000 where he was replaced by the appointment of Rev. Fr. Menardo Natividad by the same Bishop, Most Rev. Leo Drona, SDB, D.D.
In the 2006, a year after his installation as the new and third Bishop of San Jose, Most Rev. Mylo Hubert C. Vergara, D.D. has appointed Rev. Fr. Ernie Pesimo as the new Director of the Commission on Justice and Peace as a replacement of the former director.
Immediately after his appointment, Fr. Pesimo has expanded the name of the Commission by including Integrity of Creation in the Commission, thus, “Commission on Justice & Peace and Integrity of Creation. With Fr. Ernie Pesimo in the picture, the Commission has officially formulated its Goals, Strategies, Programs & Services.
A.) Desired Goals
1.) On Faith and Moral Values:
• Promotion on personal renewal and conversion by formation in Christ’s spirituality for peace.
• Organizing campaigns for collective moral renewal.
• Witnessing the Gospel by integrating with the poor and sharing their faith-life.
2.) On Peace and Solidarity
• Promotion and provision of Peace education as means of evangelizing people for peace
• Humanizing armed conflict
• Forging dialogue and bridging collaborative action on peace, among sectors
3.) On Development founded by Justice
• Forming an enlightened social conscience (Study & formation on basic issues affecting the poor: ancestral land rights, ecology/environment and, promotion on the stewardship principles through vigilant action on ecological/environmental concerns.
• Helping minimize graft and corruption by affirming and recognizing the good done by public servants.
B.) Programs/services & Activities (Note: reactive and some of it are not yet implemented)
1.) Education/Formation - Conduct of Orientation seminars on Social Teachings of the Church, designing of training and seminars’ module related to Justice & Peace and Integrity of Creation, production/reproduction of education/evangelization materials
2.) Organizing of JPIC - Facilitation in the conceptualization of Parish JPIC’s program & services, planning assistance on JPIC, Training of Parish JPIC volunteers (JPIC related works)
3.) Linkaging & Networking – Coordination with concerned National Offices, NGOs, GOs, etc.
4.) Social Concerns - - Taking charge of other/special diocesan concerns as per mandate by the Diocesan Bishop such as: the opening and closing of the year of Social Concerns