The Commission has no Vision of its own but takes the Diocesan Vision as its Vision too, to wit:
“SAMBAYANANG NAGSASABUHAY NG MAUNLAD NA DAMAYANG KRISTIYANO, BINUBUKLOD AT PINABABANAL NG ESPIRITU SANTO SA PATNUBAY NI APO SAN JOSE.”
“UMBRELLA/WORKING GROUP THAT OVERSEES THE IMPLEMENTATION OF TASKS, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES BASED ON THE Vision-Mission of the Vicarial, Parish & Sectoral levels.”
Director: Rev. Fr. Ernie Pesimo - present
The Commission on Integral Formation was born out of the need to sustain and further intensify the realization of the Diocesan Vision-Mission. The Commission was started to be organized during the 2nd Diocesan Pastoral Assembly held on February 12-14, 1997, Villa Milagrosa, Baguio City. Its organization was pushed by the Question: “Who will take the lead/charge in the implementation of the Formation programs & services towards the realization of the Diocesan Vision-Mission and Thrusts?” During its first years of existence (early stage), the Commission took up various names before it was finally and formally called Commission on Integral Formation with its corresponding Secretariat & personnel to wit:
1. Commission on Diocesan Integral Formation
Chairman: Rev. Fr. Cesar Vergara
1. Rev. Luvimindo V. Sayson 8. Rev. Fr. Jose Favie Faldas, SDB
2. Rev. Fr. Romeo C. Nietes 9. Rev. Renato Santos, Jr.
3. Rev. Fr. Rolando R. Mabutol 10. Rev. Pedro Albino, OATH
4. Rev. Fr. Severino Diamante, Jr., MSC 11. Bro. Dimas Paddayuman
5. Rev. Fr. Nestor E. Romano 12. Bro. Jess Alicante
6. Rev. Fr. Manuel Hilario, MSC 13. Bro. Edgar Mainit
7. Rev. Fr. Edwin Bravo 14. Bro. Manny Vidad
1. Sister Michaela Gotangco, FDCC
2. Rev. Mylo Dacayo
3. Bro. Adele Traspe
4. Ms Loretta Viernes
5. Ms. Emily Sapico
6. Mr. Roseller Quin
2. Diocesan Commission on PCP II Implementation and Integral Formation
Chairman:Rev. Fr. Cesar Vergara
3. Diocesan Pastoral Team on Integral Formation
Chairman: Rev. Fr. Cesar Vergara
1. Rev. Fr. Arsie Lumiqued, MSC
2. Bro. Edgar Mainit
1. Sister Michaela Gotangco, FdCC
3. Mr. Roseller Quin
4. Mr. Dondon Marquez
In the year 2000, during the major reshuffle of Priests’ assignments, the leadership of the Commission on Integral Formation has eventually changed. Fr. Cesar Vergara, the former chairman was replaced by Fr. Nestor Romano with same members retained but with new member-priest, Fr. Marcelito Paez. The leadership also of its Secretariat has changed with Sister Rowena Garcia, FdCC was coming in as a replacement of Sister Gotangco, FdCC.
During the early stage of the existence of the Commission, the members of the Secretariat were all part-timers. It was only in the year 2002 that the Diocese has recruited one (1) full-time Staff to work in the Commission. It was also at this point in time that the Commission was named Diocesan Commission on Integral Formation.
A year after the installation of Bishop Mylo Vegara, D.D. as the new Diocesan Bishop, the Commission was expanded by structurally placing the other two (2) Commissions within namely: the Commission on Family & Life and the Commission on Renewal Movements.
For more than 5 years, beginning 2004 up to 2008, the Commission was being partnered by the Commission on Social Action. The SAC-GP (Social Action Center-Gratia Plena) took charge in the implementation of the DK Formation program of the CIF.
Since he was appointed as chairman of CIF in 2000, Fr. Nestor E. Romano remained as the commissioner up to 2013; Mr. Romeo “Kuya Bay” Gohil as the Executive Secretary and the CIF DK Team composed of Parish DK Coordinators representing the 3 vicariates, to wit: Mr. Noel Parico (Carranglan), Mr. Mel Sabado (MHC), Mr. Eleuterio Oligo (Rizal), Mrs. Linda del Rosario (Bantug), Mrs. Elvie Gabato (Munoz), Mr. Edgar Mainit (Cuyapo) and Mr. Greg Garcia (Guimba).
As of May 17, 2013 Rev. Fr. Ernie Pesimo was appointed as the new director of the Commission on Integral Formation and parish priest of Mary Help of Christians Parish in Brgy. Malasin, San Jose City.
A.) Desired Goals (Damayang Kristiyano)
1. Facilitation of all Parishes in the their coming up with Strategic Plan (Vision-Mission-Goals, Strategies, Programs ) and Pastoral Operation Plan (Yearly Plan & its Implementation).
2. Organizing of BECs/Dks (Community of Disciples) living in communion, participating in the mission of Christ as Priestly, Prophetic and Kingly people and as a Church of the Poor in all of the Parishes in the Diocese.
3. Formation of Church Lay Leaders in all of the Parishes through the conduct of Diocesan Basic Formation – 10-Module of Paglilinang.
4. Intensification of PREX and other Renewal Movements in the Diocese as an effective means of Evangelization.
5. Partnership with Social Action, Catechetic, Bible Apostolate, other Diocesan Commissions & Organizations.
B.) Programs andActivities
1. BEC/Damayang Kristiyano Program - (With wholistic organizing activities: liturgical, Develop mental/livelihood & Liberational/advicacy approaches).
2. Education/Formation program - (Module makings, formulation of training design, conduct of Trainings and Seminars, writings of necessary & orientational Primers & leaflets, etc.).
3. Planning Assistance Program - (Facilitation of Parish Strategic & Tactical Planning, Concep- tualization and other Parish Pastoral concerns).
4. PREX San Jose _ (Reorientation Activities: Organizing of Diocesan PREX Core Group, Organizing and Training of PREX Speakers’ Bureau starting from Diocesan down to Vicarial and Parish levels, Orientation seminars on PREX, Review of PREX Module, Regular gathering for Parish PREX Chair-couples/Coordinators, Meetings, Consultation and the like.
5. Networking & Linkaging - Coordinating with Social Action, Bible Apostolate, Catechetic, SAC-GP and other similar structures within and, coordinating with concerned national Regional networks.