Sambayanang sumasampalataya at nagsasabuhay ng salita ng Diyos na may malasakit sa mahihirap at pagpapahalaga sa kalikasan sa patnubay ni San Juan Ebanghelista.
As early as 1865 of the Spanish era, the Parish of Guimba, named after its patron saint, St. John The Evangelist, was tended by the Augustinian friars under the Diocese of Dagupan. In 1937 the administration of the Parish was given to the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) until the year 2000. The Parish was later turned over to the Diocese Cabanatuan and the new Diocese of San Jose. St. John the Evangelist Parish, which was finally turned over by MSC to the Diocesan priests on May 30, 2000, as now been a part of the Diocese of San Jose with ten (10) other towns including San Jose City, the center of the Diocese.
The town of Guimba, located at the northern part of Nueva Ecija, is bounded to the north by Talugtog and Muñoz; to the east, by Quezon and Sto. Domingo, to the south, by Licab and Tarlac towns of Victoria, Pura and Ramos; and to the west, by Cuyapo and Nampicuan.
Guimba is composed off our (4) districts and sixty (60) barangays with a total land area of 26,016.3 hectares. It was originally under one parish, the St. John Evangelist Parish, but on May 30, 2009, the Diocese granted the MSC a new mission area in Guimba, giving birth to the Our Lady of Sacred Heart Parish, composed of twenty two (22) barangays. Eventually, St. John the Evangelist Parish, has retained the four (4) districts and thirty eight (38) barangays with a total land area of____.
After the Augustinian Friars, the Parish was placed under the MSC for a period of sixty three (63) years, from 1937 to 2000. The first Parish Priest was Fr. Guillermo Mees (1937-1946) and followed by the following MSC missionaries: Fr. Andrew Corsten (1946-1953), Fr. George Hagenburg (1953-1960), Fr. Reinier Glansbeek (1960-1961), Fr. Pedro Magugat (1961-1963), Fr. Andrew Corsten (1963-1965), Fr. Henry De Hey (1965-1967), Fr. Manuel Hilario (1987-1996), Fr. Michael Paradela (1996-1999), and finally by Fr. Florentino de Guzman (1999-May 29, 2000).
The first Diocesan Parish Priest was Fr. Bonifacio P. Flores (2000-2006) assisted by Fr. Remigio Malgapo, Fr. Cesar Vergara and Fr. Rosalito Cabanting (guest priest). The term of Monsignor Rolando R. Mabutol commenced in May 2006, assisted by Fr. Marcelito A. Paez. The Pastoral team is also assisted by Fr. Rufo Ramil H. Cruz, the Superintendent of the Association of Catholic Schools (ACS), residing at the Guest House of OLSHCO.
Rev. Fr. Cesar C. Vergara - present
The first wooden church erected during the early Spanish era has been replaced by the present church constructed in the early 1960’s during the time of Fr. Andrew Corsten, a Dutch MSC missionary, who, in 1947, also founded the Catholic school OLSHA, now OLSHCO. The outside areas of the church have been newly painted but the roof still needs major repairs before the complete repainting of church.
Rectory and Parish Hall
The parish is presently has an old rectory built by MSC Friars during 1940’s which is practically beyond repair. On December 3 2007, Msgr. Rolando Mabutol, with the support of the PPC, started the construction of a new rectory. The construction plan also includes a complete new parish hall for formation programs, seminars and meetings. The new rectory is almost completed and shall have its initial blessing on June 15 2009. The construction of a new parish hall shall follow depending on the solicited funds.
The Parish has the following programs and activities: